Emily

The world was swelling, and my Nana's plants were defeated to stand against the relentless wind and rain outside that seemed to go on forever. The nights stayed starless of course, and the moon had never been in my line of sight. You couldn't blame me if I was thinking that it would be the end of the world. Just like what I have read from the newspaper, I was wondering of who would be the second Noah when the second great flood engulfed the world. I was an inch from expecting our roof to fly with us into the depths of the abysmal sky while father rain and mother wind battered the earth of sinners. Here, waiting for the sign that was making me anxious, pained, and my short to wet with urine. If Nana came by this room, it would be too late for Him to do it. It must be done sooner.
Two swelling hours passed. I slid the nearby window aside. Indifferent of the rain, I looked above the wet heaven and lend my hand above the sky. When the heaven had my hands, He would do whatever He wanted.
I waited like a mannequin, staring down the pathetic mud flowing thick. Then I jumped when a huge wheeler passed down by. It took me without warning. A continous deafening sound filled the air. A throbbing, grating noise took over my arms that I was not even sure if it was still part of my body. I check on my hands. The skin was wrecked, exposing ivory-white bones stained by blood. Jarred flesh droop like red lasso. Evetually, I felt Him taking over my face. I was no longer feeling any pain. I found the relief that death was craddling me with care.

No comments: